Guidance Department General Info
The Mission of the Guidance Department is to assist all students in acquiring the skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to become successful students, responsible citizens, productive workers, and lifelong learners. We promote academic excellence and career development while ensuring personal and social growth through the utilization of school and community resources.
Murrow Guidance Counselors Believe
1. All students can achieve at high levels
2. Every student is valuable and unique
3. All students will have access to high quality school counseling services
4. All students’ ethnic, cultural and racial differences are considered in the design and delivery of school counseling services
5. All students can expect that our school is a safe and nurturing environment
Murrow Guidance Counselor Role
Guidance counselors are certified/ licensed educators, making them uniquely qualified to address all students’ academic, career and social/emotional developmental needs by designing, implementing, evaluating and enhancing a comprehensive school counseling program that promotes and enhances student success.
- To help all students in the areas of academic achievement
- To aid in personal/social development as well as career development
- Counselors provide individual and group counseling
- Counselors provide classroom social/emotional “Guidance Lessons”
- Counselors consult and guide students on class selection and meeting graduation requirements