Information for the Class of 2020
Recap of College App Meeting 9/26/19: Click here - parentmeeting19-20.pdf
To highlight the most important items:
- You are required to sign into NAVIANCE on a daily basis! This program is used throughout the entire application process. Download the user friendly NAVIANCE MOBILE APP. Sign in at https://student.naviance.com/ermurrow. IF YOU DON'T REMEMBER YOUR LOG IN INFORMATION, PLEASE STOP BY THE OFFICE SO WE CAN GET YOU SET UP! :)
- You can register for the November and/or December SAT and/or December ACT. You have plenty of time to submit your scores to the colleges for regular admissions...I promise! :)
- You must send your scores directly from the testing agency, via www.collegeboard.org and www.actstudent.org. You can send four FREE score reports during the registration period! Otherwise there is a fee of $12 per school. Save a few bucks by using CUNY Code 2950, which will send one score report to cover ALL your CUNY choices. Please set this up now!
Apply to a range of colleges:
- CUNY: www.cuny.edu/undergraduate ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS ARE ATTACHED HERE - cunyadmission-profile-2019-freshman.pdf.
- SUNY: www.suny.edu ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS ARE ATTACHED - sunyadmissions_2019.pdf. Please be mindful that many campuses require a supplemental application. Check out this link: https://www.suny.edu/attend/apply-to-suny/supplemental-applications/ YOU ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY TO SUNY USING THE SUNY PORTAL. DO NOT USE COMMON APP FOR SUNY!
- MOST PRIVATE COLLEGES: Use www.commonapp.org otherwise visit the official website of the school. Be mindful that many campuses REQUIRE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATIONS. Check out the Common App Requirement Grid - commonappreqgrid.pdf
- COMMON APP MATCHING WITH NAVIANCE - ferpa_and_matching.pdf
- Starting in October (date TBD), you will all be required to meet with the College Office to review your college choices In NAVIANCE. You DO NOT have to finish your applications at the time of this meeting, just have a firm idea as to what direction we are headed. I will circulate the schedule via email and post it outside the office once it is complete.
- At the time of your meeting, all of your college choices, including ALL CUNYs, ALL SUNYs and ALL Privates/Out-of-State Public/Private schools must be listed under "colleges I'm applying to" in Naviance. If you are applying to Common App schools, you must match your Common App with Naviance. Please refer to the PDF slides from last night's presentation for details on this.
- College Office Deadlines for EA/ED and Regular Admissions CLICK HERE: collegeofficedeadlines.pdf
- Strive to finalize all your online applications by December break! Remember the early bird catches the worm!
- Request a maximum of three academic teacher recommendations in Naviance. You must speak to your teachers in person first.lettersofrecommendation.pdf
- Your RANK and GPA have been imported into your Naviance account. Please log in and click the "About me" Tab in the upper right hand corner and view "My account." Your academic information is listed under the "Academic section."
· GPA AND RANK ARE WEIGHTED
· CLASS SIZE: 745
Please feel free to stop by the office, room 145, with any questions or concerns. The office is open to you during the school day to utilize the computers to begin the application process. If you haven't had an appointment with the College Office and would like to speak to me in regards to your college options, please feel free to stop by at any point during the school day. We are here for you!
This is a very exciting time of your lives and I am looking forward to helping each and every one of you make your college dreams come true!
Helpful Phone Numbers:
CUNY 212-997-2869 SUNY 800-342-3811 FAFSA 800-433-3243 COLLEGE BOARD 866-756-7346