WELCOME CLASS OF 2019 - Seniors!
PARENT/STUDENT EVENING WORKSHOP for Financial Planning on Wednesday, November 14th at 6:00 p.m. in the Joseph Anzalone Theater. The entire financial aid process will be covered. click here for more information.
SUNY WELCOME CENTER will be here at Murrow, in the Joseph Anzalone Theater on Thursday, November 1st - C Band. Seniors are encouraged to attend. Please register on Naviance.
- Fall College Fair for Murrow & Midwood being held at Midwood High School on October 24, 2018 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm. Midwood High School is located at 2839 Bedford Avenue.
- Big Apple College Fair Wed., Oct. 10th from 1:00-7:00 pm and Thurs., Oct. 11th from 9:00 am - 2:30 pm. at the Jacob Javits Center, NYC.
- SUNY College Fair - Wednesday, October 10th at 4:00 p.m. at The Jacob Javits Center in New York City.
click here for a copy of Ms. Monaco's "College Planning Workshop" Presentation (9/27/18).
Here are some planning reminders from Ms. Monaco:
- You can register for the November and/or December SAT and/or December ACT. You have plenty of time to submit your scores to the colleges for regular admissions...I promise! :)
- You must send your scores directly from the testing agency, via www.collegeboard.org and www.actstudent.org. You can send four FREE score reports during the registration period! Otherwise there is a fee of $12 per school. Save a few bucks by using CUNY Code 2950, which will send one score report to cover ALL your CUNY choices. Please set this up now!
- CUNY: www.cuny.edu ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS ARE LISTED UNDER THE CUNY TAB.
- SUNY: www.suny.edu ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS ARE LISTED UNDER THE SUNY TAB. Please be mindful that many campuses require a supplemental application. Check out this link: https://www.suny.edu/attend/apply-to-suny/supplemental-applications. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY TO SUNY USING THE SUNY PORTAL. DO NOT USE COMMON APP FOR SUNY!
- MOST PRIVATE COLLEGES: Use www.commonapp.org otherwise visit the official website of the school. Be mindful that many campuses REQUIRE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATIONS. Check out the Common App Requirements under the Private Colleges tab.
- Starting October 10th, you will all be required to meet with the College Office to review your college choices In NAVIANCE. You DO NOT have to finish your applications at the time of this meeting, just have a firm idea as to what direction we are headed. I will circulate the schedule via email and post it outside the office once it is complete.
- At the time of your meeting, all of your college choices, including ALL CUNYs, ALL SUNYs and ALL Privates/Out-of-State Public/Private schools must be listed under "colleges I'm applying to" in Naviance. If you are applying to Common App schools, you must match your Common App with Naviance. Please refer to the PDF slides from last night's presentation for details on this.
- Strive to finalize all your online applications by early December! Remember the early bird catches the worm!
- Please download the NAVIANCE APP ASAP.
- Request a maximum of three academic teacher recommendations in Naviance. You must speak to your teachers in person first.
COLLEGE NEWSLETTER -
First Edition (Sept. 2018) (click here)
October, 2018 (click here)
Helpful Phone Numbers:
CUNY 212-997-2869 SUNY 800-342-3811 FAFSA 800-433-3243 COLLEGE BOARD 866-756-7346
College Reps. Visiting Murrow's College Office:
Please see the Poster outside the college office, for additional schools visiting in October and November. The schedule is updated daily!
You are welcome to attend a College "Meet & Greet"
in the college office, as long as you are NOT in a Lab or taking an Exam during the Meet & Greet band.
Please try to Register on Naviance for these sessions.