Students can be involved in a wide range of extracurricular activities. Among the more popular extra- and co-curricular activities are:
- Theatre: Each year there are two major musicals, two dramas and several other large cast productions. Among recent productions are A Chorus Line, Oklahoma!, My Fair Lady, The Glass Menagerie, Me and My Girl, Hello Dolly, Sweeney Todd, Little Shop of Horrors, Into the Woods, Raisin in the Sun, Grease, The Diary of Anne Frank, Guys and Dolls, Annie Get your Gun, Our Town, West Side Story, Music Man, Man of La Mancha, Oliver, Oklahoma, The Producers, Camelot, and Ragtime.
- SING! A student written, directed and acted theatrical competition where freshmen and seniors compete against sophomores and juniors, a spring and winter concert and a talent show.
- Competitions: Several student groups compete on a competitive level, including the Chess Team which has won several city, state and national championships (2013 National Champs!!!). Other teams compete competitively in city, state and national contest as the We The People, Mock Trial, Math Team, and Virtual Enterprise Business Plan competitions.
- Student publications: Students can contribute to a variety of pblications that include the senior yearbook, the school newspaper (The Murrow Network), a literary magazine, various department publications, not to mention the Murrow Webpage, http://www.ermurrowhs.org/, as well our informative social media outlets (Facebook and Twitter).
- Student government: Students can run for office and participate in decision-making for the Murrow community while developing leadership skills.
- Clubs: Students can choose from an enormous variety of clubs that meets after school at Murrow. Check out the “Clubs and Activities" PDF below.
- Athletics - Murrow has a variety of PSAL sports teams (Boys and Girls Volleyball, Girls Cross Country and Boys and Girls Wrestling). Additionally, physical education classes offer a variety of elective classes providing opportunity for individual and group sports, physical fitness and leisure time activities. Several clubs and after-school programs also provide opportunities for students to participate in athletic activities.