MSTAR - Murrow Science Technology And Research
What is MSTAR?
- MSTAR is a four year rigorous lab based science research program at Murrow.
- MSTAR students acquire advanced scientific concepts and research techniques that will allow them to successfully obtain the necessary skills to conduct research under the guidance of college professors.
- All MSTAR classes are honor, enrichment classes where students also obtain technical writing and presentation skills.
- MSTAR students successfully compete in many city-wide and national STEM competitions in their sophomore, junior and senior years.
- The MSTAR program provides opportunities for students to embark on industrial and academic internships and prepares them to be college and career ready.
- These unique opportunities give MSTAR students a clear advantage to outperform their peers in life beyond Murrow.
Our goal is to provide our students with not just an excellent education, but also offer:
- New and exciting avenues for research and development through our partnership- with NASA, AMNH, Google, NYU Arise, and Intrepid- in addition to other academic and scientific entities.
- New and innovative ways to redefine our craft in order to effectively impact our knowledge and passion for science to the next generation of thoughtful, inventive and enthusiastic scholars.
- Constantly challenge ourselves to continue to create opportunities that bridge academia, industry and scientific communities.
- Empower all of our students to make their own meaningful mark in our world.
- Google Code Next Summer Internship
- Columbia School of Engineering Paid STEM Internships
- NYU Tandem ARISE Summer Research Program
- American Museum of Natural History Summer Research Program
- NYC Parks Coastal Classroom Summer Internship
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai 2019 HS Summer Program
- Summer Internships at NY Aquarium
- Barnard College Summer STEM program
- NASA’s Summer Internships & Scholarships
- St. Francis College Summer Science Academy
- Many Research Opportunities for NYC High School Students
- Best Science Fair ever! – 59 projects in total presented
- Submission to NYCSEF: 38 projects
- NYCSEF accepted 31 projects and 5 made it to the final round
- NYCSEF First Award went to Murrow!
- American Chemical Society accepted 11 INTEL projects.
- Fourteen of our students presented at the Intrepid Girls in Science & Engineering
- Twenty three of our students presented at the Superintendent’s STEAM Symposium
- Nineteen students presented at ACTSO – Murrow won 13 medals in total
- 8 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze
- 7 students going to Nationals!!
- Sun Works -Youth of the Millennium STEM Symposium accepted 8 projects.
MSTAR’s Program Outline
Links to Student Work:
For More Information:
Mr. Howie Wong
718-258-9283 Ext. 4030
Please click here for a brochure.